Now is the time to join PAREXEL’s dynamic Integrated Product Development (IPD) Team as a Principal Consultant!
Are you dedicated to Public Health? Committed to making a difference? But you feel like you’ve hit a ceiling professionally and you’re unsure of the next step in your career… Well, PAREXEL Consulting is growing, and we’re seeking experienced Regulatory professionals just like you who are passionate about drug development and who are looking for opportunities to stretch your thinking, advance professionally, and present/execute solutions for our clients.
A Principal Consultant in the Integrated Product Development Group within the PAREXEL Consulting (PC) Organization must be a nationally recognized professional in their field of expertise with well-developed and proven rainmaking skills. A Principal Consultant must have a comprehensive understanding of the organization’s consulting models and methodologies, as well as, an extensive knowledge of what services PC provides. A Principal Consultant provides a full range of consulting services and works within their personal area of expertise. A Principal Consultant provides mentoring and guidance to junior team members on technical and/or business issues and supports knowledge-centered activities within PC.
- Works within a team environment or individually based on the project needs. Works within broad project guidelines and facilitates issue and conflict resolutions.
- Prioritizes own work load and may prioritize the work load of the project team in order to achieve the project scope and objectives
- Capitalizes on opportunities to improve project efficiency, results or team performance and proactively takes action
- Leverages information from previous projects or other client work to efficiently complete assigned project activities as well as facilitate business decisions
- Produces quality work that meets the expectations of PC and the client. Reviews the work of colleagues for content and quality to ensure the expectations of the client and PC are met. Manages project engagements (small or large)
- Interacts with the assigned Project Assistant (PA) to ensure accurate financial management and for general project support
- Provides guidance to project team members and acts as a mentor to junior staff
- Delivers presentations at seminars and industry group meetings
- Authors articles for publication in industry magazines, newsletters, book chapters and other forums
- May serve as a member of industry association boards, task forces and committees and/ or as chairperson or officer of one or more professional associations. Contributes expertise to professional societies, academic or other similar groups influential in his/ her area of expertise
- Drives knowledge-centered activities within PC as well as contributes to PAREXEL business process improvements. May contribute to new service and consulting model development
Consulting Activities and Relationship Management:
- Applies the appropriate organization’s consulting models and methodologies and assists in the design/improvement the methodologies when needed
- Provides a full range of technical and/or business consulting services within personal area of expertise including representing clients to regulatory agencies.
- Completes and delegates project activities in a timely manner with an understanding of issues which may impact project profitability and client satisfaction
- May act as a trusted advisor to clients, often on issues that lack precedence or are not clearly defined. May act as a loaned executive for a client
- Facilitates resolutions to possible problems or conflicts within the project team and/or the client. Provides guidance as needed to lower level colleagues on appropriate methods of executing project activities
- Develops business solutions addressing specific client needs using expertise, best practices and knowledge of the client’s business and key industry drivers
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally at multiple levels including senior and executive management within a client organization
- Plans and delivers services and solutions which results in clients expressing satisfaction with service provided and occasionally results in additional business or referrals
- Identifies opportunities for follow-on business or changes in project scope and exploits the opportunities with PC management and account management
- Actively prospects and leverages new business opportunities with client and industry contacts in collaboration with Account Management. Presents information about PC service offerings reflecting the organization’s capability to support client needs
- Generates new or repeat business due to personal name recognition or history of client satisfaction and/or relationship
- Leverages rainmaking skills resulting in new and repeat business for PAREXEL. Is responsible for constant monitoring of his/her “A” list, and is expected to have continued contact with both existing and future potential clients
- Participates in project scoping calls and proposal preparation, delivers sales presentations and participates in bid defense meetings when needed.
- Actively participates in account planning for key clients
- Meets established metrics as specified in scorecard on an annual basis
- Completes basic job related responsibilities, including timesheets, expense reports, maintenance of CVs, project deliverable archiving, participation in internal initiatives/projects or as a mentor as requested by management
- Defines self-development activities in order to keep current within the industry (i.e. maintain membership in a relevant industry and/or scientific/technical association)
- Participates in thought leadership activities (i.e. present speeches or seminars to industry groups and/or author articles.)
- High-level consulting skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Project management knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills, both written and verbal
- Client-focused approach to work
- Results orientation
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in local language and extensive working knowledge of the English language
- Account planning and support
- Business acumen and analysis
- Self-confidence and control
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a Scientific or Technical Discipline, PhD or other advanced degree preferred.
Language Skills :
At least fluent vocal and written English
Minimum Work Experience:
15+ years’ experience with expert level industry or regulatory knowledge with an emphasis in Clinical Development/Clinical Trial Design, Non-Clinical/Toxicology, OR Small molecule CMC or Biologics CMC. Previous experience with a regulatory agency (such as the FDA or MHRA) role is strongly desired.
Domestic/International travel required
This role can be based in PAREXEL’s Bethesda, MD location or this role can be home-based in the US or Korea.
If the opportunity to work alongside a team of colleagues with a a wealth of Industry and FDA experience and provide/execute solutions to clients in various stages of the development process is of interest, please visit https://jobs.parexel.com/ to apply directly to a Principal Consultant opportunity or send an inquiry to Lisa.Burroughs@PAREXEL.com.
PAREXEL is a global biopharmaceutical services company focused on integrated solutions – from product strategy and clinical development through market access and life-cycle management. By applying the best minds, we simplify the journey between science and new treatments through innovation and problem-solving, so new products can reach patients sooner. Headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts, PAREXEL operates in 85 locations in 51 countries around the world, and has about 20,000 employees. For over 30 years we have helped leaders in the industry get their new and innovative drug treatments into the hands that need them most by simplifying their journey to market—at every step along the way.